This is a weekly meme hosted by the good folks at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is…
Bookish Goals for 2014
- Finish Amulet graphic novel series. I know I said this last year, and it didn’t happen…but THIS year it will! I know that it will have to be during the summer because my students constantly have these books checked out from my classroom.
- Keep up with It’s Monday! What Are You Reading posts EVERY week. I usually get at least this post done, but I’ve been neglecting my blog even on that aspect lately. No more! Which leads nicely into my next goal…
- Post at least one review per week. At least 2 during the summer.
- Post a “Books Around the Room” post each week with snippets from students. I use this hashtag sometimes on Twitter, and it’s always fun to see what other students are reading in other classrooms. I think it would be fun to use snippets from conferences and reader responses to elaborate a little on what my students are reading.
- Read with my kids as much as possible. My Goodreads goal this year is 214 books because I’m going to count the picture books that I read with my children. In the past, I have only counted the novels that I’ve read, but I really need to work on making it more of a habit to record what my kids and I read together.
- Finish the Contagion level of the Dystopia 2014 challenge. I’ve “finished” this challenge in the past because I’ve read the correct number of books, but I didn’t FINISH because I didn’t complete any reviews afterward :-\
- Read one non-fiction picture book each month for the Non-fiction Picture Book Challenge. My poor NFPB Goodreads shelf only has about 7 books, so I’ll be looking through Alyson’s older reviews to find some good ones!
- Finish the Gallagher girl series. I’ve read the first two books, so I just need the last 4!
- Do better at pulling mentor sentences/paragraphs from each book I read. I always see them and love them…but I don’t write them down or add them on Goodreads, which I need to do.
- Listen to 1 audiobook each month, thanks to my Audible Christmas present! I used this month’s credit on The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom which I will start as soon as I’m done with Across the Universe.