Dystopia 2014 by Bookish Ardour – Read 15 dystopian/post-apocalyptic books to complete the “Contagion” level.
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman
- Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
- The Uprising by Lisa M. Strausse
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- Dualed by Elise Chapman
- Taken by Erin Bowman
- The Dead and Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Roth
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Debut Author Challenge (DAC) by The Story Siren – Read and review 12 debut MG/YA novels before December 31, 2013
- The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
- Defy by Sara B Larson
- Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
- Pointe by Brandy Colbert
- Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
- No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
- The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel
- Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell
- Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae
- Something Real by Heather Demetrios
- The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
Monthly Motif Challenge by Bookmarks 2 Blog — Read one book per month that fits in with the motif for that particular month.
Jan– Around the World: Read a book that takes place in a different country; The Time is Now for Running
Feb– Award Winner: Read a book that has won recognition or a literary award; How I Live Now
Mar– Fairy tales or Fairy Creatures: Read a fairy tale retelling or a book with fey/fairies in it; The Hero’s Guide to Storming the Castle
Apr– Short & Sweet: Read a collection of short stories or anthologies; Shards & Ashes
May– Mystery, Murder, & Mayhem: Read a murder/mystery book; I Hunt Killers
June– A Long Journey: Read a book with a trip, quest, or journey.
July– Assassins, Warriors, & Rebels: Read a book in which the main character is/fights one of these things.
Aug– Alternate Reality: Read a book that’s set in the future, on another planet, or in an unknown world.
Sep– Book to Movie: Read a book that has a movie based off of it.
Oct– The Witching Hour: Read a book about a witch or a book that has witches in it.
Nov– An Oldie but a Goodie: Read a book published before 2000.
Dec– That’s a Wrap: Finish a series you’ve been meaning to finish or read the next book in a series you’ve started.
Book to Movie Challenge by Doing Dewey Decimal — Read and watch 6 different book-to-movie adaptations to complete the “Movie Devotee” level of the challenge. While I won’t complete all of the books/movies listed below, these are some of the ideas I have:
- The Great Gatsby: book | movie
- The Maze Runner: book | movie
- Divergent: book | movie
- Vampire Academy: book | movie
- Mockingjay: book | movie
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower: book | movie
- The Book Thief: book | movie
- The Fault In Our Stars: book | movie
- How I Live Now: book | movie