Have you ever wished that a big YA book tour would make a stop in your hometown? Well, here’s your chance for that wish to come true! YA2U is a program that features five award-winning and best-selling authors who are holding a contest to see what city they should visit in an exclusive tour stop!
The authors are collecting votes from January 1st to February 15th, and any city in the continental US or any Canadian city (that has an international airport) can win an exclusive visit from all five authors, including an author panel and book signing! Entering is super easy–and if you help spread the word about the contest, you can also enter to win a signed copy of all of the author’s books (TEN signed books in total!)–and the book contest is open internationally!
- Marie Lu, the New York Times best-selling author of Legend and the upcoming Prodigy
- Marissa Meyer, the New York Times best-selling author of Cinder and the upcoming Scarlet
- Beth Revis, the New York Times best-selling author of Across the Universe, A Million Suns, and the upcoming Shades of Earth
- Victoria Schwab, author of The Near Witch and the highly-anticipated upcoming The Archived
- Megan Shepherd, author of the debut novel The Madman’s Daughter
And they want to have an event in your home town! To participate, just got to the YA2U website and let them know what city you want them to come to. And while you’re there, help spread the word about the contest and you can be entered to win all of their books–TEN signed books in total!
YA2U in Houston:
- Excited readers — Houston is the 4th largest city in the US with seven of the largest 100 school districts in the US within 20 miles! That is a lot of excited readers!
- Mexican food — Chips. Salsa. Queso. Enchiladas and fajitas. There are so many great Mexican food restaurants to enjoy while you’re here! Come on, your mouth is water right. now.
- Indies — We have two great indie bookstores, Blue Willow Bookshop and Murder By The Book, that go all out when it comes to author visits! They support authors 100%!
- Museum District — If you have some time to spare while you’re here, Houston has a great museum district to explore with the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Natural Science, Health Museum, The Menil Art Collection, and Holocaust Museum.
- Great shopping — There is great discount shopping at the Premium Outlets on the north or south side of town. You can shop at the Houston Galleria and enjoy ice skating after. Or you can browse the boutiques and stores in Rice Village or Montrose.