This is a weekly meme hosted by the good folks at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is…
Top Ten Blogs/Sites You Visit That AREN’T about Books
1. Postsecret: I faithfully check the website every Sunday for new secrets that people have submitted to Frank Warren’s project.
2. Baseball Beer Season: This is my husband’s blog that he started this Astros season to chronicle his challenge to have a different craft beer for every game. 162 games. 162 brews.
3. Twitter: Not sure if this exactly counts, but I read through all of the tweets on my timeline!
5. 1000 Awesome Things: This blog was started in June 2008 by Neil Pasricha and counted down from 1,000 to the #1 awesome thing. His journey finally reached its “end” on April 19th.
6. English Companion Ning: This ning was created by Jim Burke, and is a wonderful place to communicate with other English teachers about ideas, lesson, tips, etc.
7. Two Peas in a Bucket: My other hobbies include photography and scrapbooking (when I can find time), and I love this website for inspiration and resources.
8. Pinterest: I discovered this site while on maternity leave with my youngest in the spring/summer of 2010. It can definitely be a time-suck, but I love being able to pin ideas as I visit sites as well as looking at other people’s boards for inspiration. Feel free to add me as a friend!
9. TravelZoo Top 20: I get this email in my inbox, and I just can’t help but scroll through and dream about how one day (when I’m rich and retired) my husband and I will just book these great deals and take off on trips around the world!
10. Pink Is the New Blog: Guilty pleasure of entertainment gossip. Don’t judge me! I honestly haven’t checked out this site in ages, but I sometimes check in just to see what’s going on with the crazy celebrities.
This was probably the hardest top 10 I’ve done so far. Scrolling through my Google Reader I realized that EVERY blog I routinely read is a book blog!
I can’t wait to check out some other posts and find some interesting places to visit!