This is a weekly meme hosted by the good folks at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is…
Ten Books You’d Like To See Made Into A Movie
1. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: You guys, this is one of my favorite books. I absolutely love the story and the world that is created. Peter Jackson could do amazing this with this, ala The Lord of the Rings movies.
2. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray: Prim Victorian London society girls? Handsome gypsy boy? Secret portals to other worlds? Um, yes please.
3. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons: I’m just starting this book, but I can already see it in my head. This would be a powerful movie!
4. Matched by Ally Condie: I actually think that this might work better than it did as a book. I would love to see some of the background between Ky and Cassia that I just didn’t feel in the book.
5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: Rebellion and love. What more do you need?
6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: I would love to see Samantha Kingston’s groundhog day-esque experience on the big screen.
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I would be at the midnight release!
8. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher: I’m not sure how this would work in a movie format, but this is such a powerful story that would touch a lot of people. I’m pretty sure that Selena Gomez has signed on to help push this movie adaptation.
9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: I’m on Book 4 of the Mortal Instruments series, and I would definitely sign up to see the movie adaptation of this book!
10. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: This one is kind of cheating, since it’s a done deal, but I realllly loved The Hunger Games (minus a few small issues). I can’t believe we have to wait. so. long for part 2!