(System glitch, and this didn’t post yesterday as schedule!)
This is a weekly meme hosted by the good folks at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is…
Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters In Books
1. Peeta – The Hunger Games trilogy: Peeta saves Katniss. He loves her even when she isn’t sure what she feels. He fights through the torture he endured in the Capitol to get back to her. Real or not real? He’s real.
2. Stacey – The Baby-Sitters Club series: I read practically every book in The Baby-Sitters Club series, and I always wanted to be Stacey. I was unlike her in every way, and maybe that’s why she’s the one that appealed to me the most.
3. Po – Graceling: Po is so gentle and loving with Katsa. The fact that he has to disguise his true grace from his family? Devastating. The loss that he suffers on his journey with Katsa? Heart-breaking.
4. and 5. Atticus and Scout – To Kill a Mockingbird: Do I really need an explanation here? I mean, it’s Atticus and Scout!
6. Jo – Little WomenJo is so strong and independent. Like Stacey, I think I am drawn to and intrigued Jo because she is so different from how I see myself.
7. Hermione Granger – Harry Potter series: Hermione rocked her girl power all through the series. She knew all the answers and was always willing to step up and take action. Plus, I really need her magic bag that can hold so much stuff 🙂
8. Georgia Nicolson – Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging: This is the only book I’ve read of the Georgia books, but she is pretty stinking hilarious!
9. Augustus/Gus – The Fault In Our Stars: *sigh* He’s just so lovely.
10. Tris – Divergent: Tris so brave to leave her family behind and follow her heart. She thinks that she isn’t self-less, yet she puts herself in harms way in order to help those around her and fight for the greater good.
Who are your favorite characters in books?