My absolute favorite genre right now is dystopian, so when Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts mentioned she was joining in on the Dystopia 2012 challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour, I couldn’t resist! My goal right now is to complete the “Contagion” level, which consists of reading 15 dystopian books. So far my list consists of:
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Crossed by Allie Condie
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (overlap to DAC)
- Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi (overlap from Printz challenge)
- The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (overlap from Printz)
Jen from Teach Mentor Texts is participating in a YA Audiobook challenge hosted by A Book and a Latte. I have been wanting to check out some good audio books because I have an eight hour drive about every other weekend. That’s a lot of untapped reading time! I’ve heard great things about The Book Thief audio, so I can’t wait to listen to that. I’ll be relying on this Goodreads list of audio books that A Book and a Latte provided!
Finally, I want to participate in the Debut Author Challenge (DAC) that Kristi at The Story Siren hosts each year. This challenge consists of reading twelve YA debut novels during 2012. I’ll be relying on this Goodreads list for great title suggestions.
I’ll be posting reviews of books read for challenges. Also, I’ll keep up with what I’ve read in the Challenge tabs at the top of the blog. Such a fun reading journey this year will be!